Sunday, December 10, 2006

I was reading my previous posts… the one in particular about love….

The past couple of days brought me thinking about relationships in general. Why do people get into relationships? What is the pull factor of the opposite party? Do people get into a relationship because they share the same passion and interest? Or would one be in a relationship with a partner that is completely the opposite… as the saying goes, “Opposite Attracts”? Or would they be in a relationship because they complement each other… like that movie… Jerry Maguire was it? “You Complete Me…”

I’m pretty sure that there must be some things that are in common between two people that attract one another. One might adore and respect someone for the work he/she has done. But can that be constituted as having feelings of love? The attraction can be purely platonic, such as two people share the same hobbies or interest. The commonness may also lead to an attraction of love and/or lust.

For me, attraction, affection, the magnet of love, what ever you may want to call it, does not only lie in sharing the same interests and passion. Yes! I agree that I would like my other half to share some, not all, but some of my interests and passions. At least, I will not be doing my hobbies alone… and I do have someone to talk to which understands what I like…. and understands me. I too want to share and experience the interest of my other half…

I would also want my other half to be some kind of the opposite of me, so that I can learn and embark on new things… to go on an adventure of life… to go where no one has gone before…. Who else to better do it with? My other half.. right??? :)

I would also want my other half to complete me… to be the best of me… to some extent… to be who I am not… in a good way, that is. (if I can put it correctly)
I want my other half... to be my better half...


What makes a couple bind so strongly and can be together all their lives? To Cherish, To Love and To Hold, Till Death Do Us Part?

As for me… I need not look far too…. I live with my parents… They have been together over 35years… they are a very happy couple…. And they don’t really share the same interest and passion… do there are common things that they share…. I dare to say that they are also somewhat opposite in character…. But they complete each other… and the most important thing is…. They love one another and they love me! :)


I remember my visit to Kuala Krai a few months back. I was visiting a cancer patient’s Home. Patient lives with her husband in a rundown PPRT house they proudly call home. Patient suffers from Breast CA and is mute. Husband is also mute and is partially paralysed due to a stroke recently and still recovering. They have a child whom is currently in KL working. When I arrived at their home, both of them welcomed us with open hands and hearts. I could see that in their expression. They seem to be a very loving couple… considering that both of them are mute and they are recovering from their illness. The patient’s husband was working as a rubber tapper before the stroke. With little money in hand, they had to travel to HUSMKK every couple of week for C/T treatment. Its amazing isn’t it…. With a rundown home, both being mute, suffering from their separate illnesses, with minimal income… they are happy living together as husband and wife…

What made them attracted to each other? What made them be together all this while? Through thick and thin… Be it married couples, people in relationships, people just getting or planning to be in a relationship…. There’s a lot to be learned from this couple. Well… it definitely caught my attention after I visited them…


This brings me to the lyrics of a song:

“Berkorban Apa Saja, Harta Ataupun Nyawa, Itulah Kasih Mesra, Sejati Dan Mulia…”


I’ve yet to watch the famous movie “CINTA”. I hadn’t had a chance to watch it at the cinema… I guess… I will have to wait until the Original VCD/DVD comes out… I’ve been watching the advert on TV though…. And I kinda like the quote…

“Kadang-kadang, orang yang paling kita sayanglah yang paling susah untuk di sayangi. Bukan senang nak dapat teman hidup yang sanggup terima buruk baik kita, sanggup berkorban untuk kita, sanggup hidup bersama sampai ke akhir hayat…”


“Kita sayang sangat kat dia… Awak tau tak? Perasaan dia bila kita jumpa orang tu… Pastu kita terus tahu… yang dialah teman hidup kita… Awak tau tak???”



AngkasaOne signing off...

No comments: