Monday, January 01, 2007



HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007



WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MAY THE COMING YEAR BRINGS US TO GREATER SUCCESS



2007 is a year of celebration for Malaysia. Its Visit Malaysia Year and we're celebrating our 50th Year of Independence




Looking back at 2006, I have gone through may challenges in life. It has however, made me wiser and more matured. I have learned a lot in the journey through 2006. From work, friends and relationships. I do have some regrets, but I plan to mend them immediately.



Greatest Achievement in 2006 - I found the love of my life :)

Greatest Disappointment in 2006 - Neglected my work; which is very important to me and some others :(


Well, 2007 will hopefully bring a lot of changes in my life... and that is what I am going to concentrate on... ME :) and the theme for 2007 is... "MY LIFE... GETTING BACK ON TRACK & FLYING HIGH". In short, 2007 is about putting my life in order...


There are three parts to this. ME, YOU and SOCIETY.


First is Me, as a person. - This is where self improvement comes in. I plan to improve myself, in all aspects possible. Mainly in areas of Religion, Knowledge, Work, Health, Finance and some others. I want to do some soul searching as well. Its time for a reality check for me. I wanna see what I have accomplished and what I have not accomplished. I wanna reorganise and re-chart my flight path on where I wanna go and what I want to achieve in the short, medium and long term.


Second is You, the people related to me. - This is where I plan to improve my relationships with others. Which includes Parents, My Girlfriend, Family, Extended Family, Business Partners, Friends, Colleagues and others which have a significant impact on me, directly or indirectly. This is where I intend to mend some relationships which were not very successful or in which I have neglected over the past year(s) and to improve and strengthen the relationships that are currently strong. This means spending more time with all the above listed... I dunno how I'm gonna do that :


Third is Society, as a whole. - There are two parts to this. One is my relationship and contact with society as a whole, in which may not have a significant impact on me, directly or indirectly. And the other will be concentration will be on Corporate Social Responsibility. Things that I will do for the Community and Society as a whole... Community Service Programs that I will be involved in 2007. I will only concentrate on a few programs that I have been working on the past couple of years. Its more of a follow-ups for me this year and planting seeds for 2008 and beyond... so don't expect hard core programs from me this year.


As I have concentrated more on the Third part in 2006, I will put more emphasis on the First and Second part in 2007. Therefore, I shall reduce the CSR programs that I will be involved in 2007. This year is gonna be a serious year for me, more challenges and more responsibilities. I hope I can achieve what I want to achieve this year. I will hopefully draw up a Balanced Score Card for 2007 with a Quarterly Review so that I will be on track this year. I am more than sure that H will be the driving force and motivation for me in 2007. I am very happy to be able to share part of 2006 with her and I look forward to be with her and to share my life with her... not just for 2007 but for ever and ever and ever.... :)


I think it is also symbolic where the New Year coincides with Hari Raya Korban. It is my first time doing the Korban at the surau near my home. Typically, I do it in Kampung... Its a different experience...

The surau scheduled the Majlis Korban today to allow people to celebrate Hari Raya and go Berhari Raya yesterday. I think this model works as we had 7 Cows to Korban and we need not rush to cut and distribute the meat. It also in a way prolonged the AidilAdha celebrations... which is supposed to be for 4days anyway...

For me, it is good to start the new year with a Korban, and I hope that it will bring me closer to God. InsyaAllah. Its a good start... Its a good feeling and I have smiles all day long today... :) Alhamdulillah.

On another note, my heart goes to the people affected by the Floods around the country, especially the ones in Johor. My granddad is also a flood victim, together with some other family members around Johor. I am currently doing some investigation on the floods and will come up with a post soon.

I am grateful to God for allowing us to go through 2006 and I thank you God for the achievements that we have accomplished and the learning that we have got. I thank God for the life that He has given us, and I pray that He will grant us a long, prosperous and successful life. I pray to God to give us guidance and strength in going through the coming year and may God grant our wishes and make us a better person. May God Bless Us All... Amin.






AngkasaOne signing off...

No comments: